Foot and Ankle Pain? 5 Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy
Experiencing foot and ankle pain is never fun—and often frustrating. Whether you recently injured your foot or ankle, live with chronic pain, or are suffering from discomfort following surgery, there is a chance you may benefit from laser therapy.
Laser therapy is an effective treatment that helps promote the body’s natural healing responses. At Northeast Foot and Ankle, we offer MLS laser therapy, a non-invasive, safe, and effective treatment modality where light is used to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and promote wound healing and soft tissue repair. The MLS stands for Multiwave Locked System. This laser system uses a pair of synchronized, robotically controlled lasers to stimulate natural cell activity within an area that’s experiencing pain.
When the laser is used on a painful area, the light energy penetrates deep into damaged tissues and triggers a variety of healing benefits. Not only is there little downtime and virtually no pain, this laser therapy system also can help a variety of foot and ankle ailments including heel pain, tendinitis, neuromas, plantar fasciitis, sports injuries, muscle pain, neuropathy, arthritis, post-operative recovery, and more. In most cases, MLS laser therapy is able to reverse longstanding chronic pain and help our patients avoid surgery.
Here are six other healing benefits of MLS laser therapy:
- Analgesic. MLS laser therapy decreases nerve sensitivity, which prevents pain signals from reaching your brain. It also promotes the production of endorphins and enkephalin, our body’s natural painkillers.
- Anti-inflammatory. MLS laser therapy is known to reduce swelling caused by bruising or inflammation. The laser causes blood vessels to widen, which activates your lymphatic drainage system. Bruising, swelling, and inflammation are reduced by this treatment.
- Accelerated tissue repair and cellular growth. The light energy from the laser penetrates deep into damaged tissues, allowing cells to better absorb nutrients and eliminate waste from building up. This promotes cell reproduction and growth meaning damaged cells repair themselves faster.
- Reduced scar tissue formation. In addition to quick healing, MLS laser therapy also provides long-term benefits by reducing the amount of scar tissue that results from burns, cuts, and scratches.
- Increased cellular metabolism. MLS laser therapy creates a higher output of enzymes, oxygen, and food particle loads for blood cells.
Laser therapy is a safe and effective treatment for foot and ankle pain. If you are experiencing discomfort, contact us today to get started with your laser therapy treatments. You can experience no pain or downtime while we work on relieving the symptoms of your ailment—and helping you achieve relief from chronic or acute conditions like plantar fasciitis, tendinitis, arthritis, neuropathy, neuromas and more! Click here to schedule an appointment right away so that we can give you back the foot mobility that has been missing from your life.